Put some pork on your fork! These Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Chops are the perfect recipe for your next dinner! The sweetness of the honey perfectly balances the tanginess of the Dijon mustard to create a fantastic flavor. The grill gives it that awesome caramelization that we all love.
Pork is such a great alternative to beef or chicken. And it has so much flavor when it is grilled or smoked! This amazing Grilled Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin is sublime! If you are looking for an elegant menu item, you absolutely need to check out this Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin recipe!
The marinade for this recipe is so quick and easy to put together! You don’t have to simmer or cook it. Just pour all the ingredients into a resealable plastic bag with the pork chops. What could be easier than that?
What do you need to make Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Chops?
Using just a handful of ingredients, you can create this wonderful grilled pork. It’s so easy!
- Pork chops – you will need 4 1-inch thick, bone-in chops. Approximately 6 – 8 oz each.
- Sea salt – I like to use either sea salt or Kosher salt in my cooking.
- Fresh ground pepper – always use freshly ground pepper when cooking.
- Honey – make sure you use liquid honey for the marinade in this recipe.
- Dijon mustard – don’t substitute yellow mustard; the tangy flavor of the Dijon really makes this pork recipe.
- Garlic, minced – you can use prechopped garlic; it’s quick and easy.
Only five ingredients, plus the pork chops. And in a couple of hours, you will have an exceptional meal on the table!
How to Prepare Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Season both sides of your pork chops with sea salt and fresh ground pepper and place them into a resealable plastic bag. Then, add the honey, Dijon mustard, and minced garlic to the bag.
Massage the pork and the marinade together, ensuring that the chops are coated with the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
Grilling Honey Mustard Pork Chops
When you are ready to grill these great pork chops, start by preheating your grill to 400 degrees F.
Remove the chops from the bag and place directly on the hot grill. Cook for 7 – 10 minutes on the first side. Then turn and cook on the other side for the same amount of time.
Check the temperature of the pork chops using an instant-read thermometer; you want the temperature to be about 145 degrees F. I check the temperature with my Thermoworks Thermapen instant-read thermometer; it works great every time!!
This post contains affiliate links. As a Thermoworks Affiliate, I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no extra charge to you.
Once the internal temperature of the pork chops has reached 145 degrees F. remove them from the grill to a platter or cutting board. Cover them with foil and allow them to rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
Resting your protein after cooking is critically important. When you rest your protein, it gives the muscle fibers time to relax after cooking. This allows the juices in the meat to be redistributed so your meat is tender and juicy.
Serving Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Serving these super flavourful pork chops is easy. They pair with so many different side dishes! From rice to mashed potatoes. From green beans to grilled vegetables, they really just go with everything!
- Using bone-in chops also adds to the flavor of the pork. In addition, the bone marrow helps to keep the meat juicier.
- Make sure that your grill is preheated before starting to grill. This will give you the nice charred grill marks on your pork chops.
- Let your pork chops rest after grilling. Don’t skip this step; it is very important.
- You can marinate these pork chops for 2 hours, but if you have time, longer is better, up to overnight.
- Discard the marinade after you start to grill the chops; do not use it.
Look at how tender and juicy that grilled pork chop is. Don’t you just want to cut a bite and taste it right now?
PIN IT HERE!!
PIN IT HERE!!
- 4 pork chops, bone-in (6 - 8 oz each)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Season pork chops with sea salt and fresh ground pepper on each side and put into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add honey, Dijon mustard, and minced garlic to the bag and seal. Gently shake and massage the meat, ensuring that the pork chops are completely coated in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees F. Remove the pork chops from the bag and place them directly on the hot grill.
- Grill the pork chops on each side for about 7-10 minutes. Cook the chops until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Remove from the grill to a plate or cutting board. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Char-Broil Performance Series Convective 4-Burner with Side Burner Cabinet Propane Gas Stainless Steel Grill - 463354021
Ziploc Gallon Food Storage Freezer Bags, New Stay Open Design with Stand-Up Bottom, Easy to Fill, 28 Count
Cuisinart CGS-5020 BBQ Tool Aluminum Carrying Case, Deluxe Grill Set, 20-Piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 554mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 41g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust